Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

SCOTTISH MEMORIES

Me with my Scottish granny, the late Marian MacDonald,
when she visited Nassau, Bahamas, in the late sixties.
I am thinking of my dear Scottish granny, the late Marion John Crooks MacDonald (nee McMurtrie) at this time of the year, as she was like a second mother to me. 

Granny was born in West Kilbride, Ayshire. Along with my Papa, Robert Ross MacDonald from Dumbarton, she was an anchor in my life as I grew up in Scotland and later in England, where we moved because of my father’s job.

I still remember happy days as a child living on the Boquhan Estate near Balfron, where Papa worked. Granny sometimes helped in the “big hoose” as we called it!

I write about those impressionable years in my mini-memoir "THE SCOTTISH CONNECTION", along with ancestral facts and genealogy. Also featured in the book are personal anecdotes, nostalgia and precious old photos.

And I drew from my Scottish background, as well as from my knowledge of The Bahamas, when I wrote my Romantic Suspense novel "LOVE AT SUNSET".




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo! Your book 'The Scottish Connection' is a wonderful read as it's so insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed all your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! That is so kind of you to say. I have more books in the pipeline, but can't produce them as fast as you do though!

      Delete